[Numpy-discussion] Optimized sum of squares (was: vectorized version of logsumexp? (from scipy.maxentropy))

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Sun Oct 18 03:57:32 EDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 07:27:55PM -0400, josef.pktd at gmail.com wrote:

> >> Maybe because it is difficult to find, it doesn't have its own docs entry.

Speaking of which...

I thought that there was a readily-written, optimized function (or ufunc)
in numpy or scipy that calculated the sum of squares for an array
(possibly along an axis). However, I cannot find it.

Is there something similar? If not, it is not the end of the world, the
operation is trivial to write.

Cheers,

Gaël