[Numpy-discussion] Objected-oriented SIMD API for Numpy

Matthieu Brucher matthieu.brucher at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 08:37:02 EDT 2009

> Is it general, or just for simple operations in numpy and ufunc ? I
> remember that for music softwares, SIMD used to matter a lot, even for
> simple bus mixing (which is basically a ax+by with a, b scalars and x
> y the input arrays).

Indeed, it shouldn't :| I think the main reason might not be SIMD, but
the additional hypothesis you put on the arrays (aliasing). This way,
todays compilers may not even need the actual SIMD instructions.
I have the same opinion as Francesc, it would only be useful for
operations that need more computations that load/store.

Matthieu
--
Information System Engineer, Ph.D.
Website: http://matthieu-brucher.developpez.com/