[Numpy-discussion] Objected-oriented SIMD API for Numpy

Sturla Molden sturla at molden.no
Thu Oct 22 04:59:21 EDT 2009

Mathieu Blondel skrev:
> As I wrote earlier in this thread, I confused Cython and CPython. PN
> was suggesting to include Numpy in the CPython  distribution (not
> Cython). The reason why was also given earlier.

First, that would currently not be possible, as NumPy does not support
Py3k. Second, the easiest way to port NumPy to Py3k is Cython, which
would prevent adoption in the Python standard library. At least they
have to change their current policy. Also with NumPy in the standard
library, any modification to NumPy would require a PEP.

But Python should have a PEP 3118 compliant buffer object in the
standard library, which NumPy could subclass.

S.M.