[Numpy-discussion] parameter types for documentation

David Goldsmith d.l.goldsmith at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 22:19:39 EDT 2009

One other comment (sorry I'm late chiming in): in general, for something
like "sequence of ints," usually what is really intended as viable input is
"array-like of int-likes," and indeed, in the process of confirming this for
various functions, I have found bugs where what was intended was in fact not
supported.  So, though it's more work, i.e., will take more time, the ideal
scenario, IMO, when you're dealing w/ something like that, is to confirm
that the function does indeed presently support the full gamut of viable
inputs, note any strange behavior, post to the list if you're uncertain if
it's a bug, or just file a bug ticket if you are sure.  And in the past,
when this has come up, I've been instructed to document the intended
behavior, not the present buggy behavior (which just reinforces the need to
file a bug report).

DG