[Numpy-discussion] [RFC] complex functions in npymath

Pauli Virtanen pav+sp at iki.fi
Fri Oct 30 05:36:06 EDT 2009

Hi (esp. David),

If there are no objections, I'd like to move Numpy's complex-valued
C99-like functions to npymath:

	http://github.com/pv/numpy-work/tree/npymath-complex

This'll come useful if we want to start eg. writing Ufuncs in Cython.

I'm working around possible compiler-incompatibilities of struct
return values by having only pointer versions of the functions in
libnpymath.a, and the non-pointer versions as inlined static
functions.

Also, perhaps we should add a header file

	npy_math_c99compat.h

that would detect if the compiler supports C99, and if not,
substitute the C99 functions with our npy_math implementations.
This'd be great for scipy.special.

--
Pauli Virtanen