[Numpy-discussion] persistent ImportError: No module named multiarray when moving cPickle files between machines

Reckoner reckoner at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 14:13:28 EDT 2009

Hi,

% python -c 'import numpy.core.multiarray'

works just fine, but when I try to load a file that I have transferred
from another machine running Windows to one running Linux, I get:

%  python -c 'import cPickle;a=cPickle.load(open("matrices.pkl"))'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named multiarray

otherwise, cPickle works normally when transferring files that *do*
not contain numpy arrays.

I am using version 1.2 on both machines. It's not so easy for me to
change versions, by the way, since this is the version that my working
group has decided on to standardize on for this effort.

Any help appreciated.