[Numpy-discussion] Best way to insert C code in numpy code

Xavier Gnata xavier.gnata at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 12:08:38 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have a large 2D numpy array as input and a 1D array as output.
In between, I would like to use C code.
C is requirement because it has to be fast and because the algorithm
cannot be written in a numpy oriented way :( (no way...really).

Which tool should I use to achieve that?  waeve.inline? pyrex? What is
the baseline?
I don't know the size of the 1D array before the end of the computation
(if it is relevant in the numpy/C interaction).

Xavier