[Numpy-discussion] Simple pattern recognition

Gökhan Sever gokhansever at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 13:45:44 EDT 2009

I asked this question at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1449139/simple-object-recognition and get
lots of nice feedback, and finally I have managed to implement what I
wanted.

What I was looking for is named "connected component labelling or analysis"
for my "connected component extraction"

I have put the code (lab2.py) and the image (particles.png) under:
http://code.google.com/p/ccnworks/source/browse/#svn/trunk/AtSc450/labs

What do you think of improving that code and adding into scipy's ndimage
library (like connected_components())  ?

Comments and suggestions are welcome :)

--
Gökhan