[Numpy-discussion] numpy.numarray.transpose()

Michael.Walker at sophia.inria.fr Michael.Walker at sophia.inria.fr
Tue Sep 29 05:08:42 EDT 2009

> On 09/28/2009 03:15 AM, Pauli Virtanen wrote:
>> Mon, 28 Sep 2009 10:07:47 +0200, Michael.Walker wrote:
>> [clip]
>>
>>> In [7]: f = f.transpose()
>>>
>>> In [8]: print f
>>> [[1 3]
>>>   [2 4]]
>>>
>>> as expected. I mention this because I think that it is worth knowing
>>> having lost a LOT  of time to it. Is it worth filing as a bug report?
>>>

> This is not a bug! This specific difference between numpy and numarray
> is documented on the 'converting from numarray' page:
> http://www.scipy.org/Converting_from_numarray

I am referring to the behaviour of numpy.numarray.transpose() being that
of numpy.transpose() instead of numarray.transpose. One expects that
numpy.numarray would function as numarray, for the purpose of backwards
compatability. So, is this worth filing a bug report for?

Michael Walker

Plant Modelling Group
CIRAD, Montpellier
04 67 61 57 27