[Numpy-discussion] Question about improving genfromtxt errors

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 14:30:38 EDT 2009

On Sep 29, 2009, at 1:57 PM, Bruce Southey wrote:

> On 09/29/2009 11:37 AM, Christopher Barker wrote:
>> Pierre GM wrote:
>>
>  Probably more than memory is the execution time involved in printing
> these problem rows.

The rows with problems will be printed outside the loop (with at least
an associated warning or possibly raising an exception). My concern is
to whether store only the tuples (index of the row, nb of columns) for
the invalid rows, or just create a list of nb of columns that I'd
parse afterwards. The first solution requires an extra test in the
loop, the second may waste some memory space.
Bah, I'll figure it out. Please send me some test cases so that I can
time/test the best option.