[Numpy-discussion] chebyshev module

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 17:40:13 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm at the polishing stage on this module and at this point would like some
input on the names. Yeah, a bit late ;) As it stands the module emulates the
polynomial module in most things with the substitution of cheb for poly and
the poly1d equivalent is Cheb1d. There are also a few deviations, instead of
cheb there is chebfromroots, roots is chebroots, there are converters
to,from polynomials, the ctor for Cheb1d only takes coefficients (not roots
or other instances), and Cheb1d doesn't have the __array__ method.  The
supported coefficients arrays all have to be 1d, but the argument passed to
chebval can be any array. Any suggestions are welcome at this time. I'll
post the code soonish for further comment.

Oh, and is it advisable to have a __copy__ (or copy) method? Any other
functions? I don't want to do a complete workup, that would seem to belong
to scipy.

Chuck