[Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-dev] Deprecate chararray [was Plea for help]

Michael Droettboom mdroe at stsci.edu
Wed Sep 30 10:20:20 EDT 2009

Ralf Gommers wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 9:03 AM, Michael Droettboom <mdroe at stsci.edu
> <mailto:mdroe at stsci.edu>> wrote:
>
>     In the source in my working copy.  Is that going to cause problems?  I
>     wasn't sure if it was possible to document methods that didn't yet
>     exist
>     in the code in the wiki.
>
> That is fine. New functions will automatically show up in the wiki. It
> would be helpful though if you could mark them ready for review in the
> wiki (if they are) after they show up. Could take up to 24 hours for
> svn changes to propagate.
Thanks.  Will do.

> Only if you moved functions around it would be useful if you pinged
> Pauli after you committed them. This is a temporary problem, right now
> the wiki creates a new page for a moved object, and the old content
> (if any) has to be copied over to the new page.
All of the functions that were moved were previously without docstrings
in SVN, though some had docstrings (that I just now discovered) in the
wiki.  This may cause some hiccups, I suppose, so I'll be sure to
announce when these things get committed to SVN so I know how to help
straighten these things out.

Mike