[Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-dev] Deprecate chararray [was Plea for help]

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 30 17:09:20 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 4:37 PM, David Goldsmith <d.l.goldsmith at gmail.com>wrote:

> So, Ralf (or anyone), how, if at all, should we modify the status of the
> existing chararray objects/methods in the wiki?

Nothing has to be done until *after* Mike has committed his changes to svn.
Please see my previous email for what has to happen at that point. Since
Mike wrote the new docstrings it would be best if he updated the status of
the wiki pages then.

>   Assuming you have no problem sharing them with me, Michael, I could add
> those docstrings you created for the existing methods,

They will show up in the wiki when they get committed to svn (presumably
within a few days), so this is needless effort for the most part. If there
are different changes in the wiki and svn, that will show up in the "merge"
page.

The ony thing that requires manual effort is if there are changes in the
wiki and the object got moved in svn.

Cheers,
Ralf