[Numpy-discussion] Math Library

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 13:10:34 EDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 12:56 AM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, but there isn't much low level stuff there and I don't want to toss a
> lot of real numerical code into it.

I don't understand: there is already math code there, and you cannot
be much more low level than what's there (there is already quite a bit
of bit twiddling for long double). I split the code into complex and
real, IEEE 754 macros/funcs in another file. I don' think we need to
split into one file / function, at least not with the current size of
the library.

I think it is much more worthwhile to think about reorganizing the
rest of numpy.core C code, the npymath library is very low hanging
fruit in comparison, if only by size.

David