[Numpy-discussion] Math Library

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 13:11:09 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 10:56 AM, David Goldsmith <d.l.goldsmith at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 9:50 AM, Charles R Harris <
> charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 10:43 AM, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com>wrote:

>>> we

>>> Then do it when there is code and we can see what needs to be organized.
>>>

>> I am writing code and I want to decide up front where to put it. I know
>> where you stand, so you need say no more. I'm waiting to see if other folks
>> have an opinion.
>>
>> Chuck
>>

> Will you be using it right away?  If so, organize it locally how think
> it'll work best, work w/ it a little while and see if you "guessed" right or
> if you find yourself wanting to reorganize; then provide it to us w/ the
> benefit of your experience. :-)

No, but since at some point it will involve the numpy build I would like
some feedback from David C. on how he thinks it should be organized. The
first routines I want to add are for log1p. Note that BSD has both single
and double versions but the single version copies the approximation
coefficients from the double. BSD doesn't have extended or quad precision
versions.

Chuck