[Numpy-discussion] look for value, depending to y position

Nadav Horesh nadavh at visionsense.com
Wed Apr 14 05:13:21 EDT 2010

I assume that you forgot to specify the range between 300 and 400. But anyway this piece of code may give you a direction:

import numpy as np

ythreshold = np.repeat(np.arange(4,-1,-1), 100) * 20 +190
bin_image = image > ythreshold[:,None]

Anyway I advice you to look at image morphology operations in scipy.ndimage

  Nadav