[Numpy-discussion] Release candidate 2 for NumPy 1.4.1 and SciPy 0.7.2

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 14 11:47:27 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am pleased to announce the second release candidate of both Scipy 0.7.2
and NumPy 1.4.1. Please test, and report any problems on the NumPy or SciPy
list. I also want to specifically ask you to report success/failure with
other libraries (Matplotlib, Pygame, <your favorite lib here>) based on
NumPy or SciPy.

Binaries, sources and release notes can be found at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/
https://sourceforge.net/projects/scipy/files/

NumPy 1.4.1
==========
The main change over 1.4.0 is that datetime support has been removed. This
fixes the binary incompatibility issues between NumPy and other libraries
like SciPy and Matplotlib.

There are also a number of other bug fixes, and no new features.

Binaries for Python 2.5 and 2.6 are available for both Windows and OS X.

SciPy 0.7.2
=========
The only change compared to 0.7.1 is that the C sources for Cython code have
been regenerated with Cython 0.12.1. This ensures that SciPy 0.7.2 will work
with NumPy 1.4.1, while also retaining backwards compatibility with NumPy
1.3.0.

Note that the 0.7.x branch was created in January 2009, so a lot of fixes
and new functionality in current trunk is not present in this release.

Binaries for Python 2.6 are available for both Windows and OS X. Due to the
age of the code no binaries for Python 2.5 are available.

On behalf of the NumPy and SciPy developers,
Ralf