[Numpy-discussion] Numpy compilation error

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 21:20:59 EDT 2010

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 19:49, Pradeep Jha <jhapk at utias.utoronto.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am setting NUMPY_INC_DIR to what you said but still am getting the same
> error. Basically,
> there is no directory path like "*******/include/python/***" anywhere in the
> installed numpy directory.

This is correct. No such directory should exist.

> whatever I am setting in my NUMPY_INC_DIR, the
> preconfig file tries to add a /include/python to that string and tries to
> locate that path, but fails.

I am not familiar with the Cantera build process. You will probably
need to ask the Cantera developers.

You could probably replace the line in setup.py.in (sorry if this is
not exactly right; I only downloaded the 1.7.0 sources, which still
uses numarray):

  numpy_incl = "@NUMPY_INC_DIR@"

to:

  import numpy
  numpy_incl = numpy.get_include()

Then the value of NUMPY_INC_DIR will not matter.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco