[Numpy-discussion] Release candidate 3 for NumPy 1.4.1 and SciPy 0.7.2

Dag Sverre Seljebotn dagss at student.matnat.uio.no
Tue Apr 20 20:30:28 EDT 2010

Ralf Gommers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am pleased to announce the third release candidate of both Scipy 0.7.2
> and NumPy 1.4.1. Please test, and report any problems on the NumPy or
> SciPy list.

I had a round of segfaults in the SciPy/NumPy interlink, which I
eventually tracked down to a leftover _dotblas.so from an older NumPy
version lying in site-packages (apparently that file is gone in the
newer NumPy, but would still be imported under some circumstances, and I
foolishly just installed over the old version and subsequently forgot
that I had done so).

This could have been avoided with a warning about removing any old numpy
lying around first (though perhaps others are not as stupid as I was).

--
Dag Sverre