[Numpy-discussion] two dimensional array of sets

gerardob gberbeglia at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 15:59:17 EDT 2010

Hello, this is a very basic question but i don't know the answer.

I would like to construct a two dimensional array A, such that A[i][j]
contains a set of numbers associated to the pair (i,j). For example, A[i][j]
can be all the numbers that are written as i^n*j*5-n for some all n=1,..,5

Is numpy what i need? if not which is the way to define such arrays. I mean,
how do i declare an 2-dimensional array of a given size (for after start
filling it with specific sets)?

Thanks.