[Numpy-discussion] mingw-w64 tutorial ?

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 22:02:29 EDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Sebastian Haase <seb.haase at gmail.com> wrote:

> Robin,
> thanks for those links.
> My experience is more like the one described by fuzion at
> http://nukeit.org/compile-python-2-7-packages-with-visual-studio-2010-express/
> That is, I did not see any problem - yet.

The problem is that when you will have issues, they will be painful
and hard to debug. For example, you will get a file descriptor from
some part of C code using one CRT, and will try to access it in some
another part using read/write from another CRT, and it will not work
at all. Given that using the SDK for 2008 is easier than the one for
2010 anyway, I don't see any reason not to use the recommended one
when developing against python2.6/2.7.

cheers,

David