[Numpy-discussion] Github migration?

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Mon Aug 30 17:08:20 EDT 2010

Mon, 23 Aug 2010 21:15:55 +0000, Pauli Virtanen wrote:
[clip]
> in the history to have the wrong content -- so to be sure, we have to do
> a brute-force comparison of the tree against SVN for each commit. The
> particular bug here was fixed in the conversion tool, but better safe
> than sorry.

Also this is now done. The repository at

	http://github.com/numpy/numpy_svn_test4

is essentially fine.

You can grab it via

	git clone git://github.com/numpy/numpy_svn_test4.git

The deleted SVN branches can also be obtained:

	git fetch origin refs/svn/*:refs/remotes/svn/*

They are not pulled by default.

    ***

svn-all-fast-export still has some bugs, so revisions that in SVN are
r2478, r2491, r2534, r2602, r2603, r4113, r4179, r4180 contain the wrong
tree in Git. The errors are

- Wrong branch point for branches/arraykit (an abandoned and deleted
  branch that was never merged back to trunk)

- The commits r4113, r4179, r4180 contain changes in wrong order
  (the subsequent commits are OK).

I'd be willing just to ignore these. Such small errors should not matter.

    ***

So as far as I see, we would be ready to go with this.

	Pauli