[Numpy-discussion] Numpy and Python3

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 10 07:05:29 EST 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 6:33 PM, Katharina <Ingwer.Wurzel at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> first, I'm really apologise for my English-skills. But I have only one
> simple questions. Does NumPy work on Python3 now.
> I read so many articles on the Internet, but you can only read some
> speculation and not a clear state about this topic.

It works fine with Python 3.1.

> At the moment I try numpy1.5.1 on Python3.0, but I get only Errors.
> If Numpy works on Python3, are the support libraries the same as by
> Python2.6?

Which support libraries? Just Lapack/Blas or Atlas should be all you need,
and just "$ python3.1 setup.py install --prefix=/home/XXX/pick-a-folder"
should work fine.

If you encounter a problem, please send us the exact build command you used,
the build log and compiler versions.

Ralf