[Numpy-discussion] new quarterly OpenOpt/FuncDesigner release 0.32

Dmitrey tmp50 at ukr.net
Wed Dec 15 10:24:20 EST 2010

 Hi all,
   I'm glad to inform you about new quarterly OpenOpt/FuncDesigner
   release (0.32):

   OpenOpt:
   * New class: LCP (and related solver)
   * New QP solver: qlcp
   * New NLP solver: sqlcp
   * New large-scale NSP (nonsmooth) solver gsubg. Currently it still
   requires lots of improvements (especially for constraints - their
   handling is very premature yet and often fails), but since the solver
   sometimes already works better than ipopt, algencan and other
   competitors it was tried with, I decided to include the one into the
   release.
   * Now SOCP can handle Ax <= b constraints (and bugfix for handling lb
   <= x <= ub has been committed)
   * Some other fixes and improvements

   FuncDesigner:
   * Add new function removeAttachedConstraints
   * Add new oofuns min and max (their capabilities are quite restricted
   yet)
   * Systems of nonlinear equations: possibility to assign personal
   tolerance for an equation
   * Some fixes and improvements

   For more details see our forum entry

   http://forum.openopt.org/viewtopic.php?id=325