[Numpy-discussion] NumPy C-API equivalent of np.float64()

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 13:13:09 EST 2010

>> Forgive me if I haven't understood your question, but can you use
>> PyArray_DescrFromType with e.g  NPY_FLOAT64 ?
>
> I'm pretty hopeless here. I don't know how to put all that together in
> a function.

That might be because I'm not understanding you very well, but I was
thinking that:

cdef dtype descr = PyArray_DescrFromType(NPY_FLOAT64)

would give you the float64 dtype that I thought you wanted?  I'm
shooting from the hip here, in between nieces competing for the
computer and my attention.

See you,

Matthew