Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Tue Feb 2 19:41:42 EST 2010

Travis Oliphant wrote:
> I'm still pretty strongly against it.

Me too. I was close to posing a note today saying it was fine, but then
I sat down with a developer I'm working with, and he happened to mention
that he had rebuilt something or other to accommodate the numpy ABI
change -- so that cat's out of the bag now anyway.

Maybe it should have been called 1.5, but what's the difference, really?

> The
> datetime is useful as a place-holder for data.  Math on date-time arrays
> just doesn't work yet.

I agree, though not at all complete, it's still nice to have, and IIUC,
it's not just about datetime, but also a structure for making other
custom data types -- wasn't someone working on a fixed-point type, for
instance?

-CHB

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov