Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 21:31:32 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 20:23, Neil Martinsen-Burrell <nmb at wartburg.edu> wrote:

> I don't understand Travis's comment that "datetime is just a
> place-holder for data".

That's not a direct quote and is a misinterpretation of what he said.
In the course of adding the datetime support, we implemented it by
adding a general feature to dtype objects such that they can hold
arbitrary metadata. This is useful feature for more than just datetime
support and should be complete and useful at this time.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco