[Numpy-discussion] Installed NumPy and MatPlotLib in the Wrong Order. How uninstall MPL?

Christoph Gohlke cgohlke at uci.edu
Sat Feb 6 14:21:32 EST 2010

All the official matplotlib installers on sourceforge are bdist_wininst
executables, not msi. The installer for Python 2.5 was built with Python
2.5 itself, which does not know about Windows user account control
(UAC). Unless you specifically run the installer as administrator, the
uninstall registry settings can not be created. I also replied to you on
matplotlib-users on how to manually remove matplotlib.

Christoph