[Numpy-discussion] Python 3 porting

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Mon Feb 15 11:55:18 EST 2010

ma, 2010-02-15 kello 10:18 -0600, Bruce Southey kirjoitti:
[clip]
> Is there a correct way to get Python3.1 to find the relative path on Linux?
> I can change the import statement to work but I do not think that is viable.

You need to use relative imports. 2to3 should be able to take care of
this.

[clip]
>    File "/usr/local/lib/python3.1/site-packages/numpy/lib/__init__.py",
> line 1, in <module>
>      from info import __doc__
> ImportError: No module named info

That statement should read

	from .info import __doc__

and indeed, it reads like that for me. Check how it is in
build/py3k/numpy/lib/__init__.py

Most likely you interrupted the build by Ctrl+C and 2to3 did not finish
the conversion of the files to Python3 format. Try removing the build/
directory and trying again -- if you interrupt it, 2to3 may not have
finished running.

Of course, it should be more robust, but at the moment, it isn't
(patches welcome).

--
Pauli Virtanen