[Numpy-discussion] Python 3 porting

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Mon Feb 15 14:07:03 EST 2010

Hi Pauli

Well done!  You and Charles have made huge strides since last I looked
at the problem.

After your latest changes, numpy builds on OSX, although importing is
still broken:

    from . import multiarray
ImportError: dlopen(/Users/stefan/lib/python3.1/site-packages/numpy/core/multiarray.so,
2): Symbol not found: __numpymemoryview_init
  Referenced from:
/Users/stefan/lib/python3.1/site-packages/numpy/core/multiarray.so
  Expected in: flat namespace
 in /Users/stefan/lib/python3.1/site-packages/numpy/core/multiarray.so

Have you seen this before?  Looks like something isn't linked
properly, but I'm not sure where memoryview would be defined.  Is this
part of the new PEP implementation?

Regards
Stéfan