[Numpy-discussion] Antwort: Re: create dll from numpy code

David Cournapeau david at silveregg.co.jp
Wed Feb 17 01:31:52 EST 2010

markus.proeller at ifm.com wrote:

> numpy-discussion-bounces at scipy.org schrieb am 17.02.2010 01:43:03:
>
>  > markus.proeller at ifm.com wrote:
>  > >
>  > > Hello,
>  > >
>  > > is there a possibility to create a dll from a numpy code?
>  >
>  > What do you want to create a dll for ? For distribution purpose, to hide
>  > your code, etc... ?
>  >
> To replace a Matlab generated dll, which is part of a bigger project.

If you mean that it is a DLL generated from .m code compiled from the
matlab compiler, then the equivalent of doing that in python is to embed
the python interpreter in your code. It is possible to embed Python with
numpy inside it, but you can't have everything in one dll - you need all
the python files used by your program. Depending on your usecase, it may
be important or not, but we need more informations on what you are
trying to do to help you,

cheers,

David