[Numpy-discussion] Unable to install numpy-1.3.0 on WinXP (without Administrative rights)

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 22:30:13 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 8:24 AM, Touisteur EmporteUneVache
<touisteur at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install numpy on a WinXP system, on which I have no
> administrative rights.

I think it is not possible to install NumPy for python 2.6 if you
don't have admin priviledges. I believe the root of the problem is the
lack of a right C runtime, and there is no easy way to install it
without admin priviledges, and I have no idea how to fix this. The
problem is specific to python 2.6 (more exactly because it was built
with visual studio 2008), so using python 2.5 or 2.4 should not cause
any issue if that's an option for you.

The other solution is to ask your administrator to install the
redistributable runtime from VS 2008,

cheers,

David