[Numpy-discussion] Updating Packages in 2.5 (win/numpy) and Related Matters

Scott Sinclair scott.sinclair.za at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 01:00:40 EST 2010

>On 18 February 2010 05:30, Wayne Watson <sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> On 2/16/2010 10:01 PM, Scott Sinclair wrote:
>>
>> Wayne - The DeprecationWarnings are being raised by SciPy, not by your
>> code. You probably don't have a recent version of SciPy installed. The
>> most recent release of SciPy is 0.7.1 and works with NumPy 1.3.0. I
>> don't think you will see the warnings if you upgrade SciPy and NumPy
>> on your system.
>>
>> Check your NumPy and SciPy versions at a python prompt as follows:

>> You will need to completely remove the old versions if you choose to
>> upgrade. You should be able to do this from "Add/Remove Programs".
>
> I'm on win7's Add/Remove numpy. No scipy. I just checked the version via
> import and it's 0.6.0.

You can download the latest NumPy and SciPy installers from:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/numpy/files/

and

http://sourceforge.net/projects/scipy/files/

You want the win32-superpack for your Python version.

Use "Add/Remove" to remove your current NumPy install (if your version
is not already 1.3.0). I'm not sure how SciPy was installed and why it
doesn't appear in "Add/Remove". You should look in
C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages for directories named numpy or scipy
(numpy should have been removed already). It is safe to delete
C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\scipy.

Then run the superpack installers and you should be good to go. Good luck.

Cheers,
Scott