[Numpy-discussion] Calling routines from a Fortran library using python

Matthieu Brucher matthieu.brucher at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 05:55:07 EST 2010

> Ok I have extracted the *.o files from the static library.
>
> Applying the file command to the object files yields
>
> ELF 64-bit LSB relocatable, AMD x86-64, version 1 (SYSV),
> not stripped
>
> What's that supposed to mean ?

It means that each object file is an object file compiled with -fPIC,
so you just have to make a shared library (gfortran -shared *.o -o
libmysharedlibrary.so)

Then, you can try to open the library with ctypes. If something is
lacking, you may have to add -lsome_library to the gfortran line.

Matthieu
--
Information System Engineer, Ph.D.
Blog: http://matt.eifelle.com