[Numpy-discussion] ask.scipy.org

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 10:38:48 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 06:17, David Warde-Farley <dwf at cs.toronto.edu> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 04:06:09PM -0600, Robert Kern wrote:
>>
>> I spent some time on Friday getting Plurk's Solace tweaked for our use
>> (for various reasons, it's much better code to deal with than the
>> CNPROG software currently running advice.mechanicalkern.com).
>>
>>   http://opensource.plurk.com/Solace/
>>
>> I still need to investigate how to migrate the content from the old
>> site over, but ask.scipy.org should be up and running quite soon.
>
> This is great news, thanks for your efforts Robert. I remember when we last
> discussed it, Solace didn't support OpenID and a bunch of other things. Are
> your changes in a public repository anywhere?

Armin added OpenID support. My only changes have been to add a nice
OpenID endpoint selector (e.g. so you can just click the Google button
to use your Google login) and to change the text input format from
WikiCreole (which has bad preformatted text support for code snippets)
to GitHub-flavored Markdown (which has reasonable preformatted text
support).

http://www.enthought.com/~rkern/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/solace/

--
Robert Kern