[Numpy-discussion] How to test f2py?

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 23:12:30 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 8:54 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 21:51, Charles R Harris
> <charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 8:31 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> can
> >>
> >> numpy/f2py/tests/run_all.py
> >
> > It's not py3k compatible...
>
> So make it py3k compatible.

It's autoconverted in build/py3k. It is, however, not installed anywhere.

> > also it doesn't find the f2py2e module even
> > though it has been installed with numpy. ?
>
> I don't understand this. Error message?

Running /usr/bin/python
/home/charris/Workspace/numpy.git/numpy/f2py/tests/f77/return_character.py
10 --quiet
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/home/charris/Workspace/numpy.git/numpy/f2py/tests/f77/return_character.py",
line 10, in <module>
    import f2py2e
ImportError: No module named f2py2e
TEST FAILURE (status=1)

So the import is wrong. The question is: did this used to work?

Chuck