[Numpy-discussion] Building Windows binaries on OS X

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 02:42:34 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 11:19 AM, Ralf Gommers
<ralf.gommers at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 9:52 AM, David Cournapeau <cournape at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 11:27 AM, Ralf Gommers
>> <ralf.gommers at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> >

>> > Hi David, did you find time to put those Atlas binaries somewhere?
>>
>> I am putting them into numpy subversion as we speak (in vendor:
>> http://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy/vendor).
>>
> Thanks a lot!

So here is how I see things in the near future for release:
- compile a simple binary installer for mac os x and windows (no need
for doc or multiple archs) from 1.4.x
- test this with the scipy binary out there (running the full test
suites), ideally other well known packages as well (matplotlib,
pytables, etc...).
- if it works for you, or you cannot easily test it, put it for wide
testing as a basis for the 1.4.0.1 binary
- if it works, make a RC1 for Numpy 1.4.0.1 ("full" binaries).

I think we need to push this ASAP to recover from the current
confusion w.r.t. binaries.

cheers,

David