[Numpy-discussion] How to test f2py?

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 03:33:05 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 5:19 PM, Pauli Virtanen <pav at iki.fi> wrote:
> I don't think the situation is that bad with f2py. I suppose it will be enough to erect unicode vs. Bytes barrier where the file i/o is done, and let f2py work internally with unicode. Doesn't sound so bad, but I'd have to take a closer look.

How did you handle name clash in numpy for 2to3 ? For example, f2py
uses things like dict quite a lot as argument for functions, and it
does not look like 2to3 handles this (or does it ?). Of course, I
could try a brute force sed script as a pre-processing step, but maybe
you got a better way of doing this,

cheers,

David