[Numpy-discussion] Building Numpy Windows Superpack

Patrick Marsh patrickmarshwx at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 20:22:41 EST 2010

Hi David,

There really isn't much in the way of commands that I've used - I haven't
gotten that far.  So far, I've downloaded your binaries and then attempted
to set up my numpy site.cfg file to use your binaries.  I used the following
as my site.cfg

[atlas]
library_dirs
= d:\svn\BlasLapack\binaries\nosse,d:\svn\BlasLapack\binaries\sse2,d:\svn\BlasLapack\binaries\sse3
atlas_libs = lapack, f77blas, cblas, atlas

However, when invoking 'setup.py config' it won't recognize a list of
directories, even though the example site.cfg has an example with one.  As
soon as I don't use a list of paths and only use one of them, I can get
setup.py bdist_wininst to run without error.

I'm going to play around with the paver script and follow Ralf's
instructions in the previous example and see what happens.

Patrick

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 4:31 AM, David Cournapeau <cournape at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Patrick,
>
> On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Patrick Marsh <patrickmarshwx at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Greetings,
> > I have been trying to build the numpy superpack on windows using the
> > binaries posted by David.
>
> Could you post *exactly* the sequence of commands you executed ?
> Especially at the beginning, building things can be frustrating
> because the cause of failures can be hard to diagnose.
>
> FWIW, I've just built the nosse version with mingw on windows 7, there
> was no issue at all,
>
> cheers,
>
> David

Patrick Marsh
Ph.D. Student / NSSL Liaison to the HWT
School of Meteorology / University of Oklahoma
Cooperative Institute for Mesoscale Meteorological Studies
National Severe Storms Laboratory
http://www.patricktmarsh.com