[Numpy-discussion] Iterative Matrix Multiplication

Ian Mallett geometrian at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 21:35:22 EST 2010

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 6:31 PM, Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris at gmail.com
> wrote:

> As I understand it, you want *different* matrices applied to each vector?

Nope--I need the same matrix applied to each vector.

Because 3D translation matrices must, if I understand correctly be 4x4, the
vectors must first be changed to length 4 (adding a 1 for the last term).
Then, the matrices would be applied.  Then, the resulting n*4 array would be
converted back into a n*3 array (simply by dropping the last term).

Ian