[Numpy-discussion] Announcing toydist, improving distribution and packaging situation

Pierre Raybaut contact at pythonxy.com
Fri Jan 1 08:43:17 EST 2010

Hi David,

Following your announcement for the 'toydist' module, I think that
your project is very promising: this is certainly a great idea and it
will be very controversial but that's because people expectactions are
great on this matter (distutils is so disappointing indeed).

Anyway, if I may be useful, I'll gladly contribute to it.
In time, I could change the whole Python(x,y) packaging system (which
is currently quite ugly... but easy/quick to manage/maintain) to
use/promote this new module.

Happy New Year!
and Long Live Scientific Python! ;-)

Cheers,