[Numpy-discussion] [Pythonmac-SIG] 1.4.0 installer fails on OSX 10.6.2

neil weisenfeld weisen123 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 17:58:30 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 11:35 AM, Christopher Barker
<Chris.Barker at noaa.gov> wrote:

> It's worse to have a binary you expect to work fail for you than to not
> have one available. IN the past, I think folks' have used the default
> name provided by bdist_mpkg, and those are not always clear. Something like:
>

> numpy1.4-osx10.4-python.org2.6-32bit.dmg
>
> or something -- even better, with a a bit more text -- would help a lot.

I agree here. Better labeling of the .dmg  would indeed help, I think.

And thanks to everyone for all of the responses.  I joined the mailing
list, posted my question, and then went back to dissertation writing
for a few days.  When I looked up, there were 18 answers.

I'll try getting python from python.org and/or building it all from scratch.

Thanks again,
Neil