[Numpy-discussion] Is this expected behavior?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 15:03:21 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 13:51, Russel Howe <russel at appliedminds.com> wrote:
> Since they are iterators, is it possible to check for the second
> condition and reverse both of them so the behavior I expect happens or
> does this  break something else?

In general, no I don't think it would be possible. It would create a
weird special case in the semantics, and slow down common assignments
that don't have the issue.

It would be nice to have a fast in-place roll(), though this is not
how one should implement it.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."