[Numpy-discussion] Numpy.dot segmentation fault

Mark Lescroart lescroar at usc.edu
Mon Jan 18 20:15:00 EST 2010

Hi David (et al),

Thanks for the reply. The version of ATLAS I was using was v3.8.3_1,
installed via MacPorts, compiled and built on my machine with a gcc4.3
compiler. I uninstalled numpy 1.4 and ATLAS, re-installed (i.e., re-
compiled) the same version (3.8.3_1), re-installed numpy (for
python2.6, version 1.4), and got the same bug.

I don't know if this means that there's something fundamentally wrong
with the version of ATLAS on MacPorts (probably less likely) or
something wrong with the way my system is configured (probably more
likely). If anyone can give me any more insight into how to test my
installation of ATLAS, I would be much obliged (I read through a fair
bit of the ATLAS installation notes on the ATLAS sourceforge page, and
could not figure out how to "run the whole test suite" ).

If possible, I would like to solve this problem within Macports (and
thus not with the Accelerate framework). I am using numpy mostly
through the pyMVPA package for fMRI multi-voxel analysis, and the
pyMVPA package depends on a number of other libraries, and the mess of
dependencies is most easily managed within the framework of Macports.

Cheers,

Mark