[Numpy-discussion] Warning on http://scipy.org/ about binary incompatibility ?

David Cournapeau david at silveregg.co.jp
Wed Jan 27 20:20:29 EST 2010

josef.pktd at gmail.com wrote:
> Can we/someone add a warning on the front page http://scipy.org/
> (maybe under news for numpy download) about incompatibility of the
> binaries on sourceforge of scipy <=0.7.1 with numpy 1.4.0 ?

It seems that it will be quite difficult to fix the issue without
removing something (I tried to use datetime as user types, but this
opened a can of worms), so I am (quite reluctantly ) coming to the
conclusion we should just bite the bullet and change the ABI number (so
that importing anything will fail instead of crashing randomly).

Something like numpy 1.4.0.1, which would just have a different ABI
number than 1.4.0, without anything else.

cheers,

David