[Numpy-discussion] wired error message in scipy.sparse.eigen function: Segmentation fault

David Cournapeau david at silveregg.co.jp
Wed Jan 27 22:36:05 EST 2010

Jankins wrote:
> I tried on Ubuntu 9.10-32bit, gcc version 4.4.1, . Here is the
> information of show_config():

Sorry, I forgot an additional information, the exact atlas you are
using. For example, assuming scipy is installed in /usr/local, I would
need the output of
/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/scipy/sparse/linalg/eigen/arpack/_arpack.so

(you are using linalg.eigen from scipy.sparse, right ?).

Ideally, if the matrix is not too big, having the matrix which crashes
scipy is most helpful,

thanks,

David