[Numpy-discussion] is there any alternative to savefig?

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Thu Jan 28 07:57:08 EST 2010

to, 2010-01-28 kello 12:50 +0000, Robert Kiwanuka kirjoitti:
[clip]
> If I could do something like fig1.savefig("y1-x1.png") or savefig("y1-
> x1.png").fig1, this would solve the problem but I'm not aware of any
> such methods  or modules to enable this. This is thus a flaw in the
> general design/implementation of the savefig function, but is there an
> alternative function to enable me achieve what I need? Is there
> perhaps a possible tweak to savefig to make it do the same?

Well, you almost had the answer there: use

	fig1fig = figure(1)

	fig1fig.savefig("y1-x1.png")
	fig2fig.savefig("y1-time.png")
	fig3fig.savefig("x1-time.png")

to save the respective figures.

There is a separate mailing list for Matplotlib-specific questions:
http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=80706

--
Pauli Virtanen