[Numpy-discussion] BOF notes: Fernando's proposal: NumPy ndarray with named axes

Rob Speer rspeer at MIT.EDU
Fri Jul 9 01:39:07 EDT 2010

http://github.com/rspeer/datarray represents my best guess at the
SciPy BOF consensus. I recently switched the method of accessing named
ticks from .named() to .named[] based on further discussion here.

My implementation is still missing the case with named ticks but
positional axes, however. That is, you should be able to use .named
directly on the top-level datarray without referring to any axis
labels, to say something like arr.named['Netherlands', 2010], but you
can't yet.
-- Rob