[Numpy-discussion] isinf raises in inf

John Hunter jdh2358 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 10:54:12 EDT 2010

I am seeing a problem on Solaris since I upgraded to svn HEAD.
np.isinf does not handle np.inf.  See ipython session below.  I am not
seeing this problem w/ HEAD on an ubuntu linux box I tested on

In [1]: import numpy as np

In [2]: np.__version__
Out[2]: '2.0.0.dev8480'

In [3]: x = np.inf
np.inf    np.info   np.infty

In [3]: x = np.inf

In [4]: np.isinf(x)
Warning: invalid value encountered in isinf
Out[4]: True

In [5]: np.seter
np.seterr      np.seterrcall  np.seterrobj

In [5]: np.seterr(all='raise')
Out[5]: {'over': 'print', 'divide': 'print', 'invalid': 'print',
'under': 'ignore'}

In [6]: np.isinf(x)
FloatingPointError                        Traceback (most recent call last)

/home/titan/johnh/<ipython console>

FloatingPointError: invalid value encountered in isinf

In [7]: !uname -a
SunOS udesktop191 5.10 Generic_139556-08 i86pc i386 i86pc

In [43]: !gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.4.3 (csl-sol210-3_4-branch+sol_rpath)

Posted on tracker:

http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1547