[Numpy-discussion] Matrix dot product over an axis(for a 3d array/list of matrices)

Emmanuel Bengio bengioe at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 12:38:57 EDT 2010

Hello,

I have a list of 4x4 transformation matrices, that I want to "dot with"
another list of the same size (elementwise).
Making a for loop that calculates the dot product of each is extremely slow,

I thought that maybe it's due to the fact that I have thousands of matrices
and it's a python for loop and there's a high Python overhead.

I do something like this:
>> for a,b in izip(Rot,Trans):
>>     c.append(numpy.dot(a,b))

Is there a way to do this in one instruction?
Or is there a way to do this all using weave.inline?

--

         Emmanuel